Virtual Meeting Spaces
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, in-person use of our meeting spaces for events or other gatherings are not possible at this time. We hope our virtual meeting spaces will help meet your needs.
A new virtual service easily connects groups who want to gather and communicate online. Patrons can now set up and run their own virtual meetings with support from trained library staff. Three virtual meeting spaces are available from the library through Zoom, a web-based software that requires a device and an Internet connection to participate.
How it works, in three easy steps
- Submit a virtual meeting reservation request using the form below.
- Receive confirmation of your virtual meeting’s day, time, and host (either you or the person you determine will host your meeting).
- Receive a Zoom link to your virtual meeting.
Public spaces to learn, collaborate & create
While our physical meeting and study rooms are currently unavailable, we remain committed to serving our community by facilitating connections using a new virtual meeting service.
As in our physical meeting spaces in library, you can use a virtual meeting space for business meetings, an event with a speaker and slides, or your book club, for example. Each meeting can have up to 100 attendees and run for 2 hours or less. Library staff will start the meeting for you and introduce you to using options in Zoom.
- To reserve a virtual meeting space, you must be 18 years or older.
- Each meeting is limited to 2 hours or less, with 100 participants or less.
- Meetings must begin no later than 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
- All requests are subject to approval. Please submit the request form below as far in advance as possible of your desired meeting date for the best chances of approval.
- Types of events not permitted: selling or buying of goods or services, soliciting donations, or charging fees, either prior to a reservation or on the day of your meeting.
We provide support with your meeting
- Fifteen minutes before the meeting start time, a library staff member will share a brief introduction of Zoom with the meeting host.
- If you choose, you can also schedule a learning session with library staff to understand more about how Zoom works.
- Library staff will leave your meeting once it starts and will not be available for support should any technical issues arise.
Request a virtual meeting room reservation
Filll out the form below to request your virtual meeting room reservation.