PLDL Patrons Have New, Additional Resources with Hoopla
April 20, 2020
Free access to digital books, magazines, music and movies is more important than ever in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Portage Lake District Library is excited to announce a huge addition to their digital catalog.
PLDL cardholders now have access to Hoopla, a digital streaming service that provides eBooks, digital audiobooks, graphic novels, music, movies and TV shows. The collection includes 750,000 titles and allows patrons to checkout up to 4 titles per month. There are no holds or wait times, no matter how popular a title might be.
You can get started using Hoopla today at hoopladigital.com, or by using the Hoopla mobile app on your smartphone, tablet or other digital device. Please see below for further instructions on getting started with Hoopla.
- Register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or by using our mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will need to provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have your library account information ready. Our free mobile app can be found in the App Store and the Google Play store.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks, eBooks, Comics, and Television) you would like to browse further on. Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing, and found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
- If you need additional help, visit the help section on our mobile app, or click on the Help link found at the bottom of hoopladigital.com.